[OS X TeX] Feature request on TeXShop's "Experiment" mechanism

Alain Schremmer schremmer.alain at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 10:40:52 EDT 2015

On Jun 2, 2015, at 10:25 AM, Herbert Schulz wrote:

> the necessity of being able to copy and paste. You distribute the
> final pdf output to folks and they might want to grab a
> bibliographic reference or some text to place in another paper of
> theirs (with attribution, of course!).

Indeed. Although we subscribe to the print version of the New Yorker,
for my part I tend to read it online and, the other day, I wanted to
copy a couple of lines ... and could not! This was infuriating if only
because "all I had to do" is to go downstairs get the print version
and get back upstairs to xerox what I wanted.

So, yes, one can always get back to the tex source but ...

On the other hand, Adobe is not welcome on my machine because it is
really too intrusive.

Best regards
--schremmer