[OS X TeX] Announce: MacTeX-2015

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sat Jun 13 17:31:57 EDT 2015

Howdy,

Maybe this is old news for some but I'd like to announce the publishing of MacTeX-2015 (which installs a full version of TeX Live 2015, etc.).

But this announcement also comes with some more information:

1)The version of TeX Live 2015 that was originally released in MacTeX-2015 is missing a file needed by TeX Live Utility so an updated version should be released in another day;

2)In the best of times it takes multiple days for a file to get to all of the repositories around the world but I've seen a few glitches this year so I'd give it even more time.

3)Given that an updated version of the MacTeX.pkg file needs to be submitted for distribution plus the time for it to actually get distributed PLEASE don't attempt to download and install it at least until this coming Thursday, 2015/06/18.

For those extremely early adopters that managed to get the present version of MacTeX-2015 I can help you install the proper missing file. Please write directly to me so that this list isn't overloaded with the same messages over and over.

Finally, there haven't been any updates to TeX Live 2015 released yet so there really hasn't been any need to use Tex Live Utility. However, if you do try to use TeX Live Utility with the TeX Live 2015 installed with the present MacTeX-2015 you will probably get a hang and crash.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)