[OS X TeX] .eps mystery

seroul seroul at unistra.fr
Thu Jun 25 05:13:52 EDT 2015

On 23 Jun 2015, at 19:18, Richard Koch <koch at uoregon.edu> wrote:

> George,
>
>> On Jun 17, 2015, at 7:00 AM, George Gratzer <gratzer at me.com> wrote:
>>
>> From time immemorial, I save my Illustrator files as .eps files and
>> convert them to .pdf by dragging them into the TeXShop icon in the Dock.
>>
>> Now TexShop open them and does not convert them.
>>
>> Is there a new Preference I overlooked?
>>

> I just tried this. I made a new folder containing one eps file, dragged it
> and dropped it on the TeXShop Icon. TeXShop opened, showing the
> illustration, and a new pdf file appeared in the folder.
>
> Dick Koch

A precision

I tried the same experience with an eps file saved as
Illustrator file  8, 9 ,10 , CS, CS1, CS, CS3, CS4, CS5, CS6.

I use OS X 10.9.5 and TeXShop  3.51.

TeX Live 2012 : the first file is correctly converted in pdf,
all others files are transformed in a white pdf.

TeX Live 2014 : all files are correctly converted in pdf.

I am obliged to switch between  TeX Live 2012 and TeX Live 2014
because I need formats which loop indefinitely with
TeX Live 2013 and TeX Live 2014 (probably because of Babel).

Raymond Séroul
Université de Strasbourg