[OS X TeX] TexShop not syntax coloring some .tex files

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Fri Mar 6 07:55:29 EST 2015

> On Mar 6, 2015, at 5:37 AM, Berend Hasselman <bhh at xs4all.nl> wrote:
>

> I have just let TexShop update itself to version 3.50 on OS X Mavericks.
> Some .tex files are not syntax coloured.
> The file is the root of a project.
>
> When I switch syntax coloring off and then back on in Preferences all is ok.
> When I turn off line numbering and then back on again via the menu the file also be syntax colored.
>
> I want the file to be syntax coloured.
>
> How can I fix this?
>
> Berend

Howdy,

Unfortunately I no longer have Mavericks on any of my systems so I can't test your exact situation. Could you let us have a small set of files set up like your document as well as a description of the order you are doing things to see the behavior. Does this happen if you open the root file directly? What are your `Project Root File' settings (TeXShop->Preferences->Misc)? Etc.

For what it's worth I'm not seeing the problem in Yosemite.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)