[OS X TeX] TexShop not syntax coloring some .tex files

Richard Seguin riseguin at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 6 12:20:44 EST 2015

> On Mar 6, 2015, at 11:09 AM, Josep Maria Font <jmfont at ub.edu> wrote:
>
> On 06/03/2015, at 17.57, Herbert Schulz <herbs at wideopenwest.com> wrote:
>
>> Again, I'm running Yosemite so this is all to help anyone else using Mavericks duplicate the problem. PS: Are folks using TeXShop under Mavericks seeing this problem? From comments made on this list there must be a bunch of folks out there still using Mavericks.
>
> Yes, I have *always* seen this (and I am now in Mavericks). What usually happpens to me is that sometimes a file is opened by command-1 on a previewed file, or by click-syncing from one, and the file is not syntax colored; but *just making it scroll* (don't remember whether after clicking inside it or not) makes the colors appear, perhaps after a short delay. Sorry I did not test more precise conditions.
>

> JMaF

I’ve had the not-seeing-syntax-colors problem until "just making it scroll” under both Mavericks and Yosemite, although the file opened would have been a large one (750 KB) and I always assumed that TeXShop was taking its time doing the coloring. There would be an even longer lag if I immediately scrolled to the bottom of the file. BBEdit has been displaying the coloring instantly, and, in some respects, it’s more elaborate. For context: I’m using an old Core2Duo MBP.

Richard Séguin