[OS X TeX] Shortcuts

Mads Elmelund Hjadstrup Hansen mads-elmelund at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 19 02:19:29 EDT 2015

Hi MacOSX-TeX,

I have been using TeXShop for a few years now, and I have recently acquired a new MacBook Pro and installed TeXShop.
The problem is; when I used the packages

\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
\usepackage[applemac]{inputenc}
\usepackage[danish]{babel}

on my previous MacBook, I was able to use the danish characters ‘æ’, ‘ø’ and ‘å’ and also use option shortcuts like option+d=∂ instead of writing \partial.
Now the ‘applemac’ does not understand neither ‘æ’, ‘ø’, ‘å’ nor the shortcuts.
Is there any way to fix this? Using the ‘latin1’ instead accepts ‘æ’, ‘ø’ and ‘å’ but not the shortcuts.

Sincerely
Mads Elmelund