[OS X TeX] Compilation problems since Upgrade to TeXShop 3.51

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Fri May 1 14:08:18 EDT 2015

> On May 1, 2015, at 12:57 PM, Herbert Schulz <herbs at wideopenwest.com> wrote:
>

>> On May 1, 2015, at 12:50 PM, Bréard, Andrea <andrea.breard at asia-europe.uni-heidelberg.de> wrote:
>>
>> Dear Herb,
>>
>> many thanks for your response.
>>
>> Following an automatic message that a new TeXShop version was available, I just upgraded to TeXShop 3.51, nothing else.
>>
>> Andrea
>
> Howdy,
>
> The problem is not coming from TeXShop but rather from xe(la)tex so updating TeXShop alone can't do anything. Did anything else change on your system? is the font still there?
>
> Good Luck,
>
> Herb Schulz
> (herbs at wideopenwest dot com)

Howdy,

One more thing... Are you using a separate .bib file for the bibliography or is it embedded in your source file? How are you saving the file? Do you have a line like

% !TEX encoding = UTF-8 Unicode

near the top of the file? That is `required' by xe(la)tex. What is your default encoding set to? (Look in TeXShop->Preferences->Source->Encoding.)

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)