[OS X TeX] Can't find pygmentex

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sat May 23 10:02:47 EDT 2015

Howdy,

If I run

which pdflatex

in Terminal I get

/usr/texbin/pdlatex

which means that it is found and where I expect to be found. However, if I run

which pygmentex

I get nothing returned; pygmentex, a symbolic link to a python script, is not found by the system. But pygmentex does exist in /usr/texbin as running

$ ls -alF /usr/texbin/pygmentex

shows when it returns

lrwxr-xr-x  1 herbs  wheel  47 Apr 20 14:18 /usr/texbin/pygmentex@ -> ../../texmf-dist/scripts/pygmentex/pygmentex.py

so, shouldn't it show up with the `which pygmentex` command?

Note: there is another problem since the pygmentex.py script itself requires starts with the line

#! /usr/bin/env python2

which doesn't exist. Could that really be the cause of `which pygmentex` not finding pygmentex in /usr/texbin?

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)