[OS X TeX] Texmaker vs. TexShop

Adam R. Maxwell amaxwell at me.com
Mon Nov 9 23:35:39 EST 2015

> On Nov 9, 2015, at 17:06 , Martin Costabel <costabel at wanadoo.fr> wrote:
>
> On 9/11/15 20:33, Jutta Wrage wrote:
> []
>>
>>     2638 Thread_189359: OGL Profiler
>>       2638 thread_start  (in libsystem_c.dylib) + 13  [0x7fff905c6b75]
>>         2638 _pthread_start  (in libsystem_c.dylib) + 335  [0x7fff905c38bf]
>>           2638 glcDebugListener  (in OpenGL) + 461  [0x7fff8641c321]
>>             2638 mach_msg  (in libsystem_kernel.dylib) + 73  [0x7fff8c38fd71]
>>               2638 mach_msg_trap  (in libsystem_kernel.dylib) + 10  [0x7fff8c39067a]
>> [...]
>>
>> Search of OpenGL in the output of analysis above.
>
> I think this only shows that you were running OpenGL Profiler and had it attach to TeXShop, not that TeXShop itself was running any opengl functions.

Good point. I've never seen it in my samples, so it would be interesting to know what triggers it (and I even downloaded TeXShop to sample it!). That thread is also blocking, and not doing any work, so it's certainly not burning up anything. Running nm and otool, TeXShop is not linked with the OpenGL framework or calling any gl functions, but I did notice some transient Core Animation threads.

Adam