[OS X TeX] convert .dvi to .pdf

Luis Sequeira lfsequeira at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 12:52:19 EST 2015

> I have a number of .dvi files created some 25 years ago using Plain TeX and
> Computer Modern which I want to convert to .pdf files. Any suggestions
> about what I need and how to do this will be greatly appreciated.
>
> So far as TeX goes, I have the ConTeXt standalone (aka the ConTeXt
> minimals).
>
> I am currently running Mac OSX 10.11.
>
> Alan

The answer depends somewhat on how many files there are, and on whether you are a command line or a GUI guy.
If you install mactex, as was already discussed, you can convert a dvi file to pdf simply by double-clicking. TeXShop automatically opens and converts a dvi to pdf.
Of course, that may not be the most practical if you have hundreds of them.

Luis Sequeira