[OS X TeX] El Capitan, TL-2015 and metapost

Franck Pastor franck.pastor at skynet.be
Sat Nov 28 09:07:10 EST 2015

Le 28 nov. 2015 à 13:51, Eric van der Oord <eric.vanderoord at gmail.com> a écrit :

> Hi all
>
> After upgrading to El Capitan and installing texlive 2015,  I have a metapost (used with the emp package) problem :
>
> Console gives the following error :
>
> (./alg1fig9.texThis is MetaPost, version 1.999 (TeX Live 2015) (kpathsea version 6.2.1)
> (/usr/local/texlive/2015/texmf-dist/metapost/base/mpost.mp
> (/usr/local/texlive/2015/texmf-dist/metapost/base/plain.mp
> Preloading the plain mem file, version 1.005) ) (./Algebre-1.mp
> ! I can't open file `mp-spec'.
> l.9 \input mp-spec
>

> Looking into my hard disk, I find an old file :
>
> 	/usr/local/texlive/2010/texmf-dist/metapost/context/base/mp-spec.mp
>
> and a new file :
>
> 	/usr/local/texlive/2015/texmf-dist/metapost/context/base/mp-spec.mpii
>

> For some reason, the suffix has changed.
>
> Is it wise to copy the old file into the new directory ?
>
> Best Regards
>
> Eric

It seems that the file mp-spec.mp has been replaced by two files, mp-spec.mpii and mp-spec.mpiv, the former to be used by ConTeXt-mII and the latter by ConTeXt-mIV.  I would suggest to change the program which calls mp-spec.mp and make it call mp-spec.mpii instead. It this program is part of the MetaPost core files, it may be necessary to warn the MetaPost maintainers of this bug.

Regards,

F. Pastor