[OS X TeX] Problems when updating in OS X 10.7
jw at witch.westfalen.de
Sat Oct 3 20:42:39 EDT 2015
I did follow the installation guide. System: 10.7 still
What went wrong:
1. Installation made texmaker the default to open tex files instead of TexShop. Doing that changes to user preferences is bad. :-(
2. Something with the installation of TexShop is broken here, too. Finder did show for "open" in the first line a TexShop.app with standard application symbol after me changing the file open preferences using the tool I have in system preferences.
3. Changing the Icon for TexShop: Why the hell? When texmaker sudenly was default to open tex files suddenly, I thought there was no TexShop at all any longer...
File opening is somehow repaired now after adding mime type "application/x-tex" and having TexShop to open files there, too.
They are still shown as Text files in finder, but I guess that is as there is no file type (not to fiddle with file extension) afaik for TEX files. So they are Text files indeed and they have been shown as such before, too.
After saving the changes with adding mime type somehow the type of aux files is shown correctly again in Finder. - Not sure if that happened just as a result.
4. Not my problem as I did not use it: But magnifying using loupe in TexShop PDF viewer not working here.
But the picture in one of the mails her looks like what OSX is doing now when using the magnifying tool in preferences for sight impaired. That turned really ugly
compared to what it used to be in the beginning of OS X, when introduced.
5. BTW: Apple used to have a guide, what ist expected to be in which menu. Would be kind if developers take a look at it. Else Apple computers will turn more and more to user unfriendly W* systems.
And People have to ask more often, if they cannot find things where expected in the menus.
And one question: when doing the install there was shown a guide later on how to make system fonts available to tex and about font conversion. Where can I find that again to read now?
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 234 bytes
Desc: Message signed with OpenPGP using GPGMail
More information about the MacOSX-TeX