[OS X TeX] TeXShop stopped compiling after update

Richard Koch koch at uoregon.edu
Sun Oct 4 11:46:18 EDT 2015

Go to

	tug.org/mactex

About three lines from the top, a link leads to two documents about
“LaTeX and El Capitan.”

The solution is to

	a) Install at least one of BasicTeX-2015 and MacTeX-2015 (but
	afterward, you can switch back to your current TeX if you wish)

and

	b) Upgrade TeXShop to the current 3.54.

TeXShop will then automatically reconfigure itself. You may already have
done a) or b), but I predict that you have not done both of them.

Dick Koch