[OS X TeX] Aquamacs & El Capitan

Axel Kielhorn tex at axelkielhorn.de
Fri Oct 30 12:17:55 EDT 2015

> Am 28.10.2015 um 21:24 schrieb Herbert Schulz <herbs at wideopenwest.com>:
>
> Howdy,
>
> Not having used emacs since the 1980's I have no idea how to fix the internally used PATH in emacs, Aquamacs in particular, so that external commands can be executed via AUCTeX using /Library/TeX/texbin. I'll need a complete description of file contents, file names, storage locations and any incantations that must be executed to fix the problem once and for all.

I’m using an automator workflow which calls a shell script (/bin/bash):

export PATH=/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/opt/X11/bin:/usr/local/MacGPG2/bin:/usr/texbin
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/MacOS//Emacs  $* &

It receives files and folders and puts them into the $*.

This works fine as a drop target for the first file, but you have to drop subsequent files onto the Emacs icon in the doc.

This is on Darwin 14.5, I haven’t moved to 15 yet.

I’m using emacs from:
http://emacsformacosx.com/

Axel