[OS X TeX] Install fail

John Burt burt at brandeis.edu
Tue Sep 1 13:32:15 EDT 2015

I do have the symbolic link to bsdtar.

Unfortunately, I got impatient and downloaded MacTeX from TUG, which
installed OK on my brand new iMac, so it doesn't make sense to install it
again from the dvd. But just to satisfy curiosity, I used the DVD to update
TeX on my MacBook Pro, and it seems to be installing flawlessly right out
of the box.

The computer the dvd failed on (but the downloaded version did not) was an
absolutely brand new iMac, running Yosemite.

John