[OS X TeX] Install fail

Ettore Aldrovandi ealdrov at math.fsu.edu
Wed Sep 2 14:23:30 EDT 2015

Herb,

the prompt from an earlier message suggests John is using bash. At any rate, the path helpers in /etc/paths.d are shell agnostic. The real question is why /usr/texbin is there. That needs fixing.

John,

/usr/bin/tar is the right version of tar.

Now that the Fink stuff is no longer searched, there’s no need to do anything about it, unless it consumes insane amounts of space. But we can take care of it later. The important point is to follow Herb’s instructions and get MacTeX to behave.

—Ettore