[OS X TeX] Install fail

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Thu Sep 3 13:22:26 EDT 2015

> On Sep 3, 2015, at 12:08 PM, John Burt <burt at brandeis.edu> wrote:
>
> Here's what I get:
>
> Last login: Thu Sep  3 12:41:59 on ttys000
>
> : Command not found.
>
> : Command not found.

Howdy,

Most likely because the path is messed up.

> set: Variable name must begin with a letter.
>
> [C07H5099DJD2:~] burt% ls -alF ~
> -rw-r--r--    1 burt  staff      1 Sep  2 13:29 .cshrc
> the terminal preferences are set to default login shell, but that seems to be tcsh
>
> Thanks once again!
>
> John

Howdy,

Please run

cat ~/.cshrc

and let me know what is there. It appears that there are some commands that can't be executed because of the messed up path variable.

You can change the login shell by checking the `Command (complete path):' button and inserting /bin/bash for the command. Once you do that Quit Terminal and restart it; you prompt should look a bit different (probably ending with a $ rather than a %). Then let me know what

echo $PATH

gives.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)