[OS X TeX] Umlauts won't print

Justin C. Walker justin at mac.com
Tue Sep 22 17:07:06 EDT 2015

> On Sep 22, 2015, at 13:32, Manuel <libros2 at limay.de> wrote:
>
> Thank you, Herb. I had to go back in time indeed but now it compiles correctly. However, the sourcecode appears weirdly wrong, even if the compiled document is right. For instance, where the source reads "Vgel", the pdf document reads correctly "Vögel". Should I just leave it be?

This is just an untested thought, but it is possible that the accented ‘o’ is being suppressed in the source view by the TeXShop editor.  Two things to try are:
- in TeXShop, Source->Show Invisible Characters might make it show up; or
- in emacs, if you can handle it, you can see everything in the file, so if the character in some form is there, it will show up

HTH

Justin

--
Justin C. Walker, Curmudgeon at Large