[OS X TeX] El Capitan and BBEdit integration scripts

Richard Seguin riseguin at earthlink.net
Tue Sep 29 20:48:45 EDT 2015

> On Sep 29, 2015, at 6:24 PM, Richard Seguin <riseguin at earthlink.net> wrote:
>
> Does anyone anticipate that current available BBEdit/Skim integration scripts will have problems under El Capitan due to the changes in TeX regarding the /usr folder?
>
> Richard Séguin

After poking around, I think the answer is definitely YES, and the typeset scripts will need to be changed. In Nathan Grigg’s scripts,

http://nathangrigg.net/latex-bbpackage/

which I am currently using, it looks like the line

property texbin : "/usr/texbin"

in ~/Library/Application Support/BBEdit/Packages/Latex.bbpackage/Contents/Resources/typeset-lib.scrpt will need to be changed to

property texbin : "/Library/TeX/texbin”

and the script recompiled using Script Editor.

The line

property gitbin : "/usr/local/bin”

might not need to be changed, but I won’t know until I install El Capitan.

Sneep’s integration scripts,

http://msneep.home.xs4all.nl/latex/

which I used to use, probably have to be changed in a similar manner. Sneep has a variety of typeset scripts, and many of them will probably have to be changed.

Richard Séguin