[OS X TeX] [WARNING - NOT VIRUS SCANNED] TeX Live 2016 Pretest

Simon Spiegel simon at simifilm.ch
Sun Apr 17 10:40:10 EDT 2016

> On 17.04.2016, at 03:02, Richard Koch <koch at uoregon.edu> wrote:
>
> Folks,
>

> TeX Live 2016 (and thus MacTeX-2016 and BasicTeX-2016) have
> entered the pretest phase. For information on the pretest,
> see
>
> 	http://www.tug.org/texlive/pretest.html
>
> As this TUG page states, “the TeX Live community greatly appreciates
> all testing of TeX Live. But do not test with the expectation that
> “everything should work perfectly” (it won’t), but rather “I’ll try this
> out and see if I can help improve it.”
>
> On the pretest site, the install packages for OS X are named
>
> 	mactex-20160416.pkg
>
> and
>
> 	mactex-basictex20160416.pkg
>
> These packages were just uploaded to TUG and will appear by Sunday
> on tlpretest mirror sites listed on a link from the tlpretest page.
> Both support OS X 10.5 (Leopard) and higher, on both Intel and PPC.

I installed MacTeX 2016 pretest today and there seems to be a serious problem with lua(la)tex and/or luaotfload. The following MWE currently fails to compile with lualatex:

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{fontspec}
\begin{document}
Hello world.
 \end{document}

Luaotfload starts to generate a new database and then crashes. Here’s the end of the log:

luaotfload | db : Font names database not found, generating new one.
luaotfload | db : This can take several minutes; please be patient.
/Users/simi/Library/TeXShop/Engines/luaLaTeX.engine: line 4: 25245 Segmentation fault: 11  lualatex -shell-escape -synctex=1 "$1“

Simon

--
Simon Spiegel
Steinhaldenstr. 50

Telephon: ++41 44 451 5334
Mobophon: ++41 76 459 6039

http://www.simifilm.ch
http://www.utopia2016.ch

„I know that human beings and fish can coexist peacefully.“ George W. Bush