[OS X TeX] TUG

David Thompson drdbthompson at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 08:33:36 EDT 2016

Good morning (La)TeX friends...

I'll echo the thoughts of others about maintaining a membership in TUG. I
elect to not receive physical materials as I have no room for additional
"things" and that saves me a few bucks. But I'm such a proponent of (La)TeX
that I must maintain my membership. Over the last twenty years (or so),
I've encouraged numerous colleagues and students to take up this system
over other options.

I really don't like using a word processor. I much prefer to edit text in a
text editor. When I was introduced to LaTeX decades ago, I thought I'd
found my text processing tool forever. It seems I might have been right
about that. But the only way we can keep the tools moving ahead is to
support their development. A part of that is by supporting TUG.

I'm not always timely with my renewal, but I general get it done. This was
another excellent reminder of why I do that. (Renew, not being tardy!)

Thanks so much to those who do so much...

David B. Thompson, Ph.D., P.E., P.H., D.WRE, CFM
Civil Engineer/Hydrologist
http://drdbthompson.net