[OS X TeX] TexShop Code

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Thu Aug 11 21:06:24 EDT 2016

> On Aug 11, 2016, at 7:04 PM, Luís Vitório Cargnini <lvcargnini at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Please, it is the TSDocument.m the source file for the TextEditor pane, the canvas where we type TeX, our document text ?
>
> I'm trying to figure out a way to embed the Apple Spelling system into it.
>
> Best Regards,
> Vitorio.

Howdy,

I don't understand. TeXShop uses Apple's Text Frameworks and already has the Apple Spelling system built-in; look under the Edit menu.

Unfortunately Apple's Spelling system doesn't understand anything about (La)TeX commands, etc., so flags many of them as spelling mistakes.

You can install cocoAspell, which operates through Apple's Spelling system. It appears that Anton Leuski's cocoAspell's web site has moved to <http://people.ict.usc.edu/~leuski/cocoaspell/>. If it is a first time install of cocoAspell under Yosemite or El Captian you'll have a failure; please see <http://www.tug.org/mactex/InstallingCocoAspell.pdf> for information for completing an initial install under those OS X versions.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)