[OS X TeX] WARNING: TeXShop 3.66

Richard Koch koch at uoregon.edu
Mon Aug 15 15:38:52 EDT 2016

Folks,

I got a note from a user who couldn't run TeXShop 3.66 on Lion.

Investigation suggests that the reason is that "weak" references, which
Apple introduced to fix the ARC memory loop problem, only exist in
10.10, Yosemite, and higher.

I'll have to test this by trying to run the application on Mountain Lion
and Mavericks.

If the guess is correct, this is the end of the line for TeXShop updates on
Lion, Mountain Lion, and Mavericks. Version 3.65 will be available
for these systems at the bottom of the downloading page.

I advise waiting until the situation clarifies to update, unless you are
currently using El Capitan or Sierra.

Dick Koch