[OS X TeX] Can't find required tool

Richard Koch koch at uoregon.edu
Tue Aug 30 23:05:00 EDT 2016

First, your system is incredibly old. A G5 Mac could surely run Leopard, but you are still running
Tiger, which we haven't supported for God knows when.

Why not approach the situation scientifically. The error message says "/usr/texbin/pdflatex does not exist." So first try to see if that is true, by running Terminal, and seeing is

	/usr

has an element named texbin, and then if this /usr/texbin is a link, and if so, where it points, and does that location contain pdtex.
If not, do you even have TeX on the system. If so, you could reconfigure TeXShop to look for typesetting tools in the exact location
of TeX.

This will require a knowledge of Unix, which you really need if you intend to stick with such an old system. I think you could update
to Leopard, and then you'd be on a system we support and