[OS X TeX] TeX Distribution preference pane

John Thoo jthoo at yccd.edu
Mon Jul 11 10:34:12 EDT 2016

> On Jul 9, 2016, at 12:00 PM, macosx-tex-request at email.esm.psu.edu wrote:
>
> In MacOSX-TeX Digest, Vol 105, Issue 3, I wrote:
>
> I think that what I'd like to do is to update to El Capitan, and then update TeX Live.

I wish to thank Elliott Roper, Richard Koch, R Martinez, George Gratzer, Herbert Schulz, Adam R. Maxwell, Axel E. Retif, and others who responded.  Your responses encouraged me to take the plunge, updating to El Capitan and then installing the MacTeX-2016 Distribution.  Everything went well, I think.  I didn't even need to update XQuartz after updating OS X as I have had to with previous OS updates; I didn't note what version I had before updating to El Capitan, but I now have XQuartz 2.7.9.  (I have not tried xdvi because I typically use Preview to view the PDF file generated by pdflatex.)  The only thing that I needed to do was to change the path in my .profile from

  PATH="/usr/texbin:"$PATH

  PATH="/Library/TeX/texbin:"$PATH

Based on my short test, Tex seems to be working fine.  Thank you all again.

---John.
(I receive the digest.)