[OS X TeX] viewing and comparing files

Nitecki, Zbigniew H. Zbigniew.Nitecki at tufts.edu
Thu Jul 14 14:36:06 EDT 2016

This is specifically a TeXShop question.  Using the editor that comes with TeXShop, is it possible to use a split screen with the two windows showing two different files?  Alternatively, is there a way to make the preview window not be full screen?  I have in mind two somewhat related scenarios.  One is comparing two pdf’s side by side, the other comparing a pdf with its source file, side by side.  Specifically, I am trying to view a solution manual written for an earlier version of a book with the “printed” (that is, pdf) current version of the book itself.  As my default settings are, a preview window takes up the whole screen, so I can’t view the two “printed” versions side by side.  I *can* view a preview with related source file, because source file pages are in windows fitted to a smaller size.  But of course the thing I am asking about (or for?) would allow such side-by-side viewing.

Zbigniew Nitecki
Department of Mathematics
Tufts University
Medford, MA 02155