[OS X TeX] bookmarks in TeXShop source window?

Murray Eisenberg murrayeisenberg at gmail.com
Sat Jul 30 17:13:55 EDT 2016

I’m aware of the Tags facility. It’s both better and worse than a more traditional “bookmarks” facility.

It’s worse in that, so far as I’m aware, one cannot just click some key combination, or use some menu selection, to drop a bookmark at the current line. And that one has to type out the “%: …” entry in the source file.

It’s better in that the tags have names and so can easily be located from the Tags menu by their names.

> On28 Jul 2016 16:12:04 -0700,Richard Koch <koch at uoregon.edu <mailto:koch at uoregon.edu>> wrote:
>

> Yes. That?s what tags are for. tags are automatically added for the start of chapters and sections,
> but you can add a tag by just starting a line with
>
> %: Tag Name

---
Murray Eisenberg			murrayeisenberg at gmail.com
503 King Farm Blvd #101	Home (240)-246-7240
Rockville, MD 20850-6667	Mobile (413)-427-5334