[OS X TeX] MacTeX-2016 and TeX Live 2016

Richard Koch koch at uoregon.edu
Mon Jun 6 17:08:09 EDT 2016

> On Jun 6, 2016, at 1:43 PM, Herb Schulz <herbs at wideopenwest.com> wrote:
>
> Howdy,
>
> Dick Koch did all the hard work putting MacTeX together (as usual).
>
> I get to be the bearer of (cautionary) good news. All thanks should go to Dick Koch.
>
> Good Luck,
> Herb Schulz

Folks,

Nonsense.

Thanks go to both of us. Herb does LOTS of debugging work, he knows far more
about program interaction with fonts than I do, he found many crucial misprints
in the web pages and wrote some of them, and on and on

Also thanks to Norbert Preining for big changes in tlmgr, and making that program
still work on Leopard.

Thanks to Karl Berry for managing the whole affair, forcing people to submit code,
and in the end releasing even before the predicted date.

Thanks to Adam Maxwell for important changes to TeX Live Utility needed
for the new tlmgr.

And …, well, as Karl says, thanks to a cast of thousands.

Dick