[OS X TeX] Illustrator CS5, El Capitan and LaTeXiT

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Fri Jun 10 07:41:36 EDT 2016

> On Jun 10, 2016, at 6:29 AM, David Derbes <loki at uchicago.edu> wrote:
>

> On Jun 10, 2016, at 5:58, Herbert Schulz <herbs at wideopenwest.com> wrote:
>

>> Howdy,
>>
>> As Gary said (he has lots of experience importing into Illustrator) you probably need to import using outline fonts. I know you're working with him.
>>
>> Good Luck,
>>
>> Herb Schulz
>> (herbs at wideopenwest dot com)
>
> Hi, Herb.
>
> Gary has indeed solved the problem (which is that I could not import LaTeXiT output into Illustrator CS6 in El Capitan.) Gary suggested I send him a screenshot, which I did, off list to conserve bandwidth. I don’t know what the issue is, but here is Gary’s solution.
>
> 1. Export from LaTeXiT as PDF with outlined fonts.
>
> 2. Open in Illustrator. The image is fine, but it has a border.
>
> 3. From the View menu in Illustrator, choose “Hide Artboards”. That removes the border.
>
> Gary suggested dragging the output from LaTeXiT to Illustrator. I can do this if I drag to the Finder’s desktop, and then to Illustrator, but this image cannot be edited as far as I can see.
>
> I don’t know if this will help anyone else, but it might; and in any case, I want to thank Gary publicly. Thank you, Gary!
>
> David Derbes
> U of Chicago Laboratory Schools

Howdy,

You can't drag directly from LaTeXiT to Illustrator? When you right click (or Ctl-Click) one of your imports to Illustrator is there a contextual menu item that permits editing? It has been soo long since I've done any of this stuff I don't remember. Maybe that stuff only worked with iWorks.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)