[OS X TeX] scaling in beamer

Nitecki, Zbigniew H. Zbigniew.Nitecki at tufts.edu
Thu Jun 16 16:47:19 EDT 2016

I use pstricks to generate pictures in whatever I write.  In this case I was treating the whole exposition as a kind of paper (though it is actually going to be a set of slides for a talk, which I intend to generate using beamer). I speculate that maybe the problem is caused by my using the psmatrix environment inside the pspicture, but I hope I can continue to use that because it made the whole process of creating the diagram much, much easier.

Here is the source code as I started to make the first slide (there will eventually be others, with similar diagrams), as well as the output:

My problem is quite simply that the diagram is taller than the slide size;  I would like to change the size of the diagram by reducing the scale in the pspicture, so that the whole diagram can be fit inside a slide.  My attempt to use \psset{unit=} with a ridiculously small unit size appears to not affect anything about the size of the diagram being produced.

As can be deduced from the title of the file, I am starting to be under some time pressure to solve this problem.
Any help would be appreciated.