[OS X TeX] Update TL2016

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Tue Jun 21 11:19:19 EDT 2016

> On Jun 21, 2016, at 9:26 AM, juan tolosa <juantolo at me.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
> The message I get is “unable to find a valid update server” and, after a while, “listing failed.”
>
>> On Jun 19, 2016, at 10:58 AM, Herbert Schulz <herbs at wideopenwest.com> wrote:
>>
>> Howdy,
>>
>> There were some recent updates to TeX Live 2016 (via tlmgr or TeX Live Utility[TLU]) that broke the automatic conversion of eps->pdf for pdftex using restricted-shell-escape. There was also a change that effected the loading of xcolor (unless it was loaded after the loading of the graphicx package). The first problem was fixed a few days ago and the second was fixed as of this morning's update. If you are seeing either of these problems please update using tlmgr or TLU.
>> Good Luck,
>>
>> Herb Schulz
>> (herbs at wideopenwest dot com)

Chances are you manually changed the `TeX programs:' preference in TeX Live Utility->Preferences at some point. Please go to <http://www.tug.org/mactex/elcapitan.html> for more information and especially see section 6 of the `Updating For El Capitan' document linked on that page.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)