[OS X TeX] In need of a new host

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sat Sep 3 08:26:24 EDT 2016

> On Sep 1, 2016, at 1:14 PM, Brandon Payne <paynito at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Herb, what about GitHub pages?
>
> On Thu, Sep 1, 2016 at 8:36 PM Herbert Schulz <herbs at wideopenwest.com> wrote:
> Howdy,
>
> I presently have a simple web site, set up via my DropBox account, for downloading possibly useful files having to do with TeX on the Mac; see <https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10932738/index.html>.
>
> Unfortunately DropBox has announced that starting on October 3, 2016 it will no longer allow html documents at DropBox to be displayed in a browser.
>
> So, I'm looking for a low cost (free would be wonderful) place to set up my site. Of course I'd need access to it so I could update/add/delete files as needed. Please get in touch with me directly with any help/information you can provide.
>
> Good Luck,
>
> Herb Schulz
> (herbs at wideopenwest dot com)

Howdy,

Thanks to all who have made suggestions for changing hosts for my download site. After considering them I decided to go with a site hosted at github. The new URL for the site is <https://herbs.github.io/index.html>.

Thanks also to those folks who tested the availability of file from the site for download. It's always better if someone besides the owner does that sort of thing.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)