[OS X TeX] Sierra 10.12.4

Simon Spiegel simon at simifilm.ch
Mon Apr 3 01:46:11 EDT 2017

> On 2 Apr 2017, at 20:06, Richard M. Koch <koch at uoregon.edu> wrote:
>
> Folks,
>
> Unfortunately, Sierra 10.12.4 introduces some serious PDFKit bugs which affect TeX documents displayed by Preview, TeXShop, Skim, and probably others. These have been reported to Apple, and may more heavily affect Beamer users than others. Updating is not recommended until the problem is fixed. The bugs cause these programs to hang.

I can’t confirm this. I updated to 10.12.4 immediately and didn’t experience any problems with neither TeXShop or Skim which I both use daily (the only PDF-related problems I have, is that copy/paste does not handle umlauts and ligatures properly, but this has been a long-standing issue).

Simon

--
Simon Spiegel
Steinhaldenstr. 50

Telephon: ++41 44 451 5334
Mobophon: ++41 76 459 6039

http://www.simifilm.ch
http://www.utopia2016.ch

„Economics is bad for your mental health.“ Yanis Varoufakis