[OS X TeX] Sierra 10.12.4

Juergen Fenn jfenn at gmx.net
Wed Apr 5 17:55:07 EDT 2017

Am 05.04.17 um 21:00 Uhr schrieb macosx-tex-request at email.esm.psu.edu:
> Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2017 18:43:42 -0700
> From: "Richard M. Koch" <koch at uoregon.edu>
> To: TeX on Mac OS X <macosx-tex at email.esm.psu.edu>
> Subject: Re: [OS X TeX] Sierra 10.12.4

> It may be that all of the bugs in Sierra 10.14.4 are ultimately due
> to malformed pdf files. In that case we can be sympathetic with
> Apple; they are trying to speed up scrolling in pdf for files which
> obey the specs. Worrying about files with errors may be down lower in
> their list.

Sorry, Dick, but I must say that I am not sympathetic at all with Apple
because what we see here would have been a showstopper ten years ago. No
more, nowadays. Sierra was released last summer, the next release
version is just ahead, and we are still discussing these issues. Very
sad situation. Apple quite clearly is not in control here. And this
means a lot of trouble for users. These issues with PDF files are quite
common, and PDF viewers must be built to tolerate them. I'll stay with
El Capitan as long as possible.

Regards,
Jürgen.