[OS X TeX] landscape

Martin Wilhelm Leidig listwatch at moss.in-berlin.de
Sun Apr 9 11:59:56 EDT 2017

Hi,

on 2017-04-08 at 21.32, Herbert Schulz <herbs at wideopenwest.com> wrote:
> But note that the texwidth, height and margin are changed from the default set by the document class. You should make sure to read the geometry package documentation and set the margins, etc., exactly as you like.

Correct.  I should have written
---
\usepackage[pass]{geometry}
---

Citing the geometry manual, the pass option …
---
[…] disables all of the geometry options and calculations except verbose and showframe. It is order-independent and can be used for checking out the page layout of the documentclass, other packages and manual settings without geometry.
---
(see geometry.pdf, p. 12)

> Finally, if you are using a special document class for a journal or thesis you should NOT use the geomtry package. Those document classes should be setting up the document exactly to their specifications.

Yes, but that was not in question here.  Also, most of my classes do use geometry for exactly that (whatever that means in this context).

-Moss-
--
Debugging?  Klingons do not debug.  Our software does not coddle the weak.
				– not by Peter Dyballa (as he vows)