[OS X TeX] Sierra 10.12.4: TexShop Preview jumpy

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Mon Apr 10 10:14:50 EDT 2017

> On Apr 10, 2017, at 8:11 AM, mmurray <michael.murray at adelaide.edu.au> wrote:
>
> I just upgraded to Sierra 10.12.4 and have been using the latest TeXShop.
> Suddenly if I try to scroll down a pdf  preview on my MacBook Air with two
> fingers on the trackpad instead of scrolling it jumps to the next page.
> Scrolling with the scroll bar is OK. Scrolling the pdf in Preview with two
> fingers on the trackpad is fine.
>
> For example if I use
>
> \documentclass{article}
>
> \begin{document}
>
> Page 1, Page 1, Page 1
>
> \newpage
>
> Page 2, Page 2, Page 2
>
> \newpage
>
> Page 3, Page 3, Page 3
>
> \newpage
>
> Page 4, Page 4, Page 4
>
> \end{document}
>
> I start to drag on page 1 and before the lines of text disappear up the
> screen it has jumped to pages 2 and then 3.
>
> The pdf is here
>
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/tuiik07msooozu9/test-jump.pdf?dl=0
>
> Any ideas to stop this ?
>
> Thanks - Michael

Howdy,

Hmmm... no scrolling problem here. What are your settings in the Preview tab of  TeXShop->Preferences? Especially, what is the setting for the Default page Style? If you have it as Single Page you would see that behavior. make sure it's set to Multi-Page (or Double-Multi-Page if that's your preference).

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)