[OS X TeX] Sierra and TeXShop

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Tue Apr 11 06:47:10 EDT 2017

> On Apr 11, 2017, at 4:37 AM, Pietro CELADA <pietro.celada at unipr.it> wrote:
>
> yes, Herb, I do mean exactly that.
>
> in the MWE file, when the typesetting
> stops for an error and I go back to the
> point by typing E in the log window,
> the spinning ball appears and I've to
> force quitting and discard the pdf before
> opening TeXShop again. the same occurs
> with Preview as Dick predicted.
>
> TLU says that the pgf package is now
> updated but I'm starting to wonder if
> it really is. how can I check the version
> of the pgf package installed?
>
> thanks for your help, I really appreciate it.
>
>       Pietro

Howdy,

I just added an error to your MWE document to force the compile, via pdflatex, to stop. When I press e the compile aborts and the Console window drops to the background. So even then I'm not seeing your problem. I wonder if it could be related to the localization; what language localization are you using?

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)