[OS X TeX] Movie in a .pdf

Dietrich, Daniel L. (GRC-LTX0) daniel.l.dietrich at nasa.gov
Fri Dec 8 09:31:43 EST 2017

Good Morning,

This thread comes up periodically, and I can usually get a solution from the archives, but am having no luck.

I want to create a beamer presentation with an embedded movie.  For years I used the package ‘movie15’, but that stopped working.  Some searching led me to ‘media9’ which I’ve been successfully using for some time.  BUT something changed and now I can’t play the movies in Acrobat Reader on my desktop.  When I used to try and play the movie it wouldn’t play until I told it to ‘Trust’ the document or media.  Then it played fine.  Now it just doesn’t play the movie anymore at all.  I’m not sure if there’s something in my Acrobat Reader setting, or in the LaTeX source.  Here’s the code I use to put the movie in:

%:Example Movie
\begin{frame}
	\frametitle{Experimental Observations}
	\begin{center}
		\includemedia[width=1.025\linewidth,
			height=0.7\linewidth,
			activate=pageopen,
			addresource=Figures/MOVIE_FILE.mp4,
			flashvars={source=Figures/MOVIE_FILE.mp4}
		]{}{VPlayer.swf}
	\end{center}
\end{frame}

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Oh yeah, Mac OS X 10.11.6 and 2015 version of Acrobat Reader.  The latest version of TeXShop.

Cheers,

Dan