[OS X TeX] texdoc

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Fri Jun 16 12:11:28 EDT 2017

> On Jun 14, 2017, at 8:53 PM, Christopher Skeels <Chris.Skeels at unimelb.edu.au> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Since upgrading to the most recent version of MacTeX I am seeing the following error if I try to use the texdoc command in a terminal window:
>
> [machine-name]:~ folder$ texdoc enumitem
> [string "/usr/local/texlive/2017/texmf-dist/scripts/te..."]:467: attempt to call a nil value
>
> I should point out that this is true for all packages that I have tried, not just enumitem.  Is anybody else seeing this?  Google didn’t reveal anything that seemed especially relevant.  Does anybody have an idea of how to fix the problem, because losing the texdoc command would be very inconvenient.
>
> Cheers, Chris.

Howdy,

Have you followed the thread about a `Problem with TeX Live Utility' which ended up being a permissions problem. Fixing that problem also fixed John Burt's texdoc problem. Please see if you have that same problem and, if so, whether the fix given in that thread solves your problem too.

Second both Christopher Skeels and John Burt experienced the problem. I wonder if both of you are using the same repository for updating your TeX Live. Please let me know what repository each of you have been using in TLU.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)