[OS X TeX] Viewing PDFs under Sierra

Alexander,J jalex at lse.ac.uk
Mon Mar 20 11:33:35 EDT 2017

I recently attended a conference where a number of Macs running Sierra were used to display beamer presentations.  I was struck by two things: (1) when PDFs were viewed using “full screen mode”, unsightly scroll bars were still shown, and (2) despite it being labelled “full screen mode”, the PDF did not seem to fill the full screen.

Has anyone else experienced similar issues with viewing full screen PDFs under Sierra?  (I suppose there’s a chance these computers were just incorrectly configured.) I ask because I’m thinking about upgrading to Sierra, but if it doesn’t play well with LaTeX, that’s a reason against doing so.

Many thanks,

Jason

--
Prof. J. McKenzie Alexander
Department of Philosophy, Logic and Scientific Method