[OS X TeX] Issue with symbol fonts

Alan Litchfield alan at alphabyte.co.nz
Tue Mar 21 21:26:43 EDT 2017

Hi,

I am using the new (2017) acmart template for a paper and get an error
as below:

(/usr/local/texlive/2016/texmf-dist/tex/latex/stix/stix.sty

! LaTeX Error: Too many symbol fonts declared.

Type  H <return>  for immediate help.

l.86 ...lFont{arrows2}       {LS1}{stixsf}   {m}{it}

It appears the issue is firmly with stix and i have tried to compile
with LaTeX and luaLaTeX.

This is a MWE:

\documentclass[acmsmall, review=false, screen=true]{acmart}

\usepackage{algorithmic}
\usepackage[notextcomp]{stix}

% Note that the option for stix required because it clashes with
% textcomp in the class file.

\begin{document}

$\fullouterjoin$

\end{document}

How would I resolve this problem? I have seen some hashed up full outer
join symbols using other fonts but they are pretty ugly.

Alan
--
Dr Alan Litchfield
AlphaByte