[OS X TeX] Bibliography problem with beamer

Samuel Harry Cox, Jr. samcox at gsu.edu
Mon Oct 23 11:06:30 EDT 2017

This example has an error in the bibliography list.  The citation [CBD06] appears correctly in the first frame, but in the frame for the bibliography list it prints a symbol instead of [CBD06]. The same if I change the style to numeric. I use TeXShop. Here is the latex and after my output.

The analogous code for article document class rather than beamer works as expected.  I do not know what to do. Any ideas? (I tried attaching my slides but the message as rejected for failing a fraud check.)

Sam

\documentclass{beamer}
%\documentclass{article}
\usepackage[babel]{csquotes}