[OS X TeX] Beamer Bibliograph problem

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Mon Oct 23 11:22:12 EDT 2017

> On Oct 23, 2017, at 10:12 AM, Samuel Harry Cox, Jr. <samcox at gsu.edu> wrote:
>
> The following example has an error in the bibliography list when compiled with TeXShop.  The citation [CBD06] appears correctly in the first frame, but in the frame for the bibliography list it prints a symbol instead of [CBD06]. The same happens if I change the style to numeric.
> The analogous code for article document class rather than beamer works as expected.  I do not know what to do. Any ideas?
>
> Sam
>
> \documentclass{beamer}
> %\documentclass{article}
> \usepackage[babel]{csquotes}
> \usepackage[style=alphabetic]{biblatex}
> %settings
> \mode<presentation>{%set beamer mode
>  \usetheme{Warsaw}
> }
>
> \bibliography{unified}
> %document
> \begin{document} ...

Howdy,

No need to copy so many times.

Could you let use have a `unified.bib' file with, at least, that reference for testing purposes. Did you actually process using biber rather than bibtex as required, by default, biblatex? Also, you don't use \bibliography{unified} with biblatex but rather \addbibresource{unified.bib} (also note the extension as part of the argument).

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)