[OS X TeX] A bit OT: Chalk, a nifty math calculator by the creator of LaTeXit

David Goldenberg goldenberg at biology.utah.edu
Wed Apr 11 19:28:24 EDT 2018

Hi,
    I hope that this admittedly off-topic post will not cause too much offense, but I thought that it would be of interest to at least some members here, since most of those who use TeX have a mathematical bent.

Pierre Chatelier, the author of LaTeXit, was written another nice Mac utility; a small calculator app called Chalk:
https://chachatelier.fr/chalk/

This is far from being “just another calculator app,” as it is really intended for people who take calculations seriously.  I can also attest to the fact that Pierre is extremely responsive to bug reports, feature requests and general kibbutzing.

If you have looked for a convenient way to carry out calculations on a Mac, that doesn’t involve clicking pretend buttons on a pretend calculator, I highly recommend taking a look at Chalk.

Regards,
David

--
Department of Biology