[OS X TeX] add word to spelling dictionary

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sat Apr 21 17:56:59 EDT 2018

> On Apr 21, 2018, at 4:13 PM, Murray Eisenberg <murrayeisenberg at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I’m using, apparently, cocoAspell 2.5 with TeXShop 4.01 (under macOS 10.13.4). The selected dictionary is “English (United States) [w_accents], which uses data files en-common.rws and en_US-w_accents_only.rws, which are in /Library/Application Support/cocoAspell/aspell6-en-6.0-0. (The TeX/LaTeX filter applied).
>
> How would I go about adding words to the dictionary?
>
> I presume this is really a combination of cocoAspell and aspell issues, so a bit off-topic. But I thought it likely that some TeXShop users who have gone through whatever process is involved to add words might help me.

Howdy,

Do a Spelling Search Edit->Check Spelling (Cmd-;). When you come across a ``misspelled'' word that is, in fact, correctly spelled Right/Ctl-Click on the word to get a list that allows you to correct the spelling but also allows you to tell the system to `Learn Spelling'. CocoAspell really integrates with the Apple Spelling System.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)