[OS X TeX] TeXShop 3.18 + OgreKit + Regular expression

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Fri Dec 7 08:56:01 EST 2018

> On Dec 7, 2018, at 7:19 AM, Victor Ivrii <vivrii at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> In TeXShop 3.18 if I use OgreKit find panel and check "Regular expression" then both "Find" background and text become white and my attempt to change it failed
>
> My OSX is in Dark Mode and TeXShop in GLG-lite but the latter seem to have no effect
>
> Meanwhile in "Replace" background is white and text is Green. Again, there seem to be no way to change it (but this combination is fine)
>
> Regards
>
> Victor

Howdy,

I think you mean TeXShop 4.18.

Yes, there is a problem with using regex in the Ogrekit Find Panel in Dark Mode under macOS Mojave and you found it. The author has been informed and came up with a `fix' that was used in 4.17. Unfortunately that version had a major problem with Find All so 4.18 reverted to the previous version.

The only work-around that I know of is to enter your regex with the regex box unchecked then check the box and execute it.

Hopefully there will be a fix coming reasonably soon.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)