[OS X TeX] Bad Sparkle Updates to 4.20

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Tue Dec 11 11:52:32 EST 2018

> On Dec 11, 2018, at 9:57 AM, Murray Eisenberg <murrayeisenberg at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> The About box says I have 4.20, which I obtained by updating 4.19 using the Sparkle mechanism.
>
> Nonetheless, following
>
> 	\begin{document}
>
> by Cmd-Ctr-C inserts on the same line after that:
>
> 	92end{document}
>
> (By contrast, the Esc-Esc key combination does complete the environment as expected.)

Howdy,

But when did you update using Sparkle? I'd guess early, like me. The problem was with the Sparkle partial update scheme. This is fixed now as described by Bruno Voisin.

PS: Esc-Esc key? I know that if you have

\begin{...}

with the cursor/insertion point just after the closing } and you press Esc (actually the Command Completion trigger key which may be set to Tab instead) it will give you

\begin{...}
\end{...}

with the cursor remaining where it was before. Is that what you mean?

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)