[OS X TeX] Upgrade to High Sierra

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Fri Feb 2 06:41:46 EST 2018

> On Feb 1, 2018, at 8:59 PM, Adam R. Maxwell <amaxwell at mac.com> wrote:
>

>> On Feb 1, 2018, at 12:14 , Alain Schremmer <schremmer.alain at gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> On , at 2018 Feb 1,3:08 PM, Gary L. Gray wrote:
>>
>>> I have been using TeX and Macs since the stone age.
>>

>> But, during the stone age, this list was not 99% about problems caused by  "upgrading" to n+1.
>
> No, it was about TeXShop vs. iTeXMac vs. Alpha, and how everyone missed Textures. Also, i-Installer teTeX vs. fink teTeX, and holy wars over the evil that was ~/.MacOSX/environment.plist.
>
> Ah, the good old days.
>
> Adam

Howdy,

Thanks for bringing back those nightmares! :-) And never forget the continuing emacs vs vi(m) wars.

Each `age' has its own little `devils' to deal with. I look now and see how relatively easy we have it in the TeX world on the Mac in our present age and appreciate that.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)