[OS X TeX] monochrome option in pstricks and pst-solides3D

Nitecki, Zbigniew H. Zbigniew.Nitecki at tufts.edu
Mon Feb 5 20:24:29 EST 2018

I have recently completed a book project in which I extensively used figures in pstricks and in particular in pst-solides3D, gleefully putting in lots of colors.   Now I am told by my publisher that they want the book in monochrome (color adds way too much to the production costs for a printed book).

When I tried to put a monochrome option in my document style command (\documentstyle[11pt,monochrome]{book}) pstricks just ignored it.
Then the tech team at the publisher suggested modifications to my color definitions (in a colormacros.sty file); with these, the plain pstricks figures came out monochrome, but the  pst-solides3D still insists on some colors. This may be simply because the particular colors were not covered in the redefinitions provided by the tech team.  But it would be much more convenient if I could just call a monochrome type option for pstricks in the preamble.  Is such a thing possible, and if so how do I do it?

Zbigniew Nitecki
Department of Mathematics
Tufts University
Medford, MA 02155