[OS X TeX] Customize brackets/braces/parens/delimiters TexShop matching

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sun Feb 11 19:30:52 EST 2018

> On Feb 11, 2018, at 5:01 PM, Juan Acevedo <juan.acevedo at gmx.net> wrote:
>
> Using the "British” keyboard layout,
> guillemets are
> Opt + \
> and Shift + Opt + \
>
> double quotes are
> Opt + [
> and Shift + Opt + [
>
> But mind you, I have a bit of a mixed up keyboard setup here, so better to check with your Keyboard Viewer first!
>
>> Howdy,
>>
>> How do you enter the opening guillemet? Is it a single keystroke (possibly along with Opt, shift, etc?) or is it a multi-stroke entry? Same with the opening double quote.
>>
>> Good Luck,
>> Herb Schulz

Howdy,

That's the same as on the US keyboard.

What I'm going to tell you do is NOT what you originally asked for, a match of delimiters, but it will always give you a matching closing delimiter (» or ”) when you enter an opening delimiter (« or “). Open the Key Bindings File for Editing: Click Source->Key Bindings->Open Key Bindings File… In the first box enter « and in the second box enter «#SELE#INS#» and then Click on the + button. Do the same for “ and “#SEL##INS#” and the + button. You can then Click the Save button. From then on when you press « you will automatically get «...» where ... is any selected text followed by the insertion point. You get a similar thing when you enter “.

Hope that works for you.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)